Caribbean Sailing Yacht: Kalimba
Kalimba was launched in Italy in May 2012. The Beneteau Oceanis 45 was a new design released in early 2012 which went on to win first prize for European Cruising Yacht of the Year 2012. Kalimba was one of the first delivered.
From May to November 2012 Kalimba sailed the Mediterranean, including Italy, Corsica, Sardinia, Tunisia, Minorca, Majorca, Ibiza, Spain, Gibraltar and the Canary Islands. She crossed the Atlantic in 17 days in November 2012 and since then has cruised extensively in the Caribbean, from Grenada to the British Virgin Islands. The yacht is now based in Grenada and has been fully serviced and maintained in exceptional condition. Kalimba is an ideal yacht for Caribbean cruising, having the largest available outdoor seating area for a yacht of its size.
What's On Board the Kalimba Sailing Yacht Charter?
Kalimba has three double cabins, sleeping six people. Two more can be accommodated on the let-down table in the saloon. Our skipper takes one cabin and we can take four adults (two couples) in the other cabins. The fore cabin is luxurious, full height, with plenty of cupboards and its own en suite bathroom. Thee stern portside cabin is smaller with restricted headroom and shares a bathroom with the skippers cabin. The let-down table in the saloon would be suitable for two children sharing or two further adults.
Unlike most vessels available for charter, Kalimba is fully equipped and has sailed across the Atlantic. Most importantly to charterers is that aboard the Kalimba has no need for water rationing of showers and definitely no need to wash in the sea (those who have chartered before will understand how good this is!) Kalimba also has a 240V generator, which means you are not restricted to 12V so your phones and cameras can be charged, hair dryers will work and you can use a microwave oven. There are lots of other features and equipment aboard Kalimba as listed below.
FULL DETAILS OF KALIMBA:
|Sails:||Slab reefing mainsail (2 reefs) / Furling genoa|
|Engine:||Yanmar diesel 54Hp|
- Fore cabin: Sleeps 2, plus en suite bathroom
- Aft cabin, port side: Sleeps 2
- Aft cabin, starboard side: Sleeps 2, plus en suite bathroom (shared)
- Saloon: Let down table, Sleeps 2
- Top speed (sailing) 10 knots
- Cruising (sailing) 7 knots
- Cruising (engine) 7 knots
Equipment for Guests:
- Cabins with storage compartments.
- Two bathrooms with fresh water showers.
- All bedding: Sheets, pillow cases, duvets (not usually needed).
- Bath towels (note: beach towels not provided).
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Two burner gas cooker and oven.
- Microwave (requires generator running).
- Fridge and separate freezer.
- Water maker (unlimited fresh water).
- TV/DVD player (requires generator running).
- Electric let down Swim platform.
- Large external seating and table.
- Sunbathing platform.
- Swim Ladder.
- Fresh Water outside shower.
- Internal/ external two zone sound system (iPod compatible).
- 6 sets of masks, snorkels, fins (various sizes).
- Sunshade Bimini.
- Rain / splash protection side screens (removable).
- 2.8M Zodiac Tender with 6HP Suzuki outboard.
- 8 person life raft.
- Life Jackets (8).
- Life ring.
- VHF radio (fixed).
- VHF radio (portable).
- GPS Navigation.
- AIS (Automatic Identification System).
Our season will open again in November 2017 , through until May 2018. This year both our boats: Kalimba, our Beneteau Oceanis 45 and Kalimba Too, our Sacs Stratos 43ft RIB will be based in Bequia, St Vincent and the Grenadines. Kalimba will offer live abo...
PLEASE NOTE: AS OF 2017 BOTH OF OUR BOATS ARE BASED OUT OF BEQUIA, ST VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES. STILL OFFERING FANTASTIC TOURS AND SKIPPERED, SELF CATERING HOLIDAY CHARTERS OF THE GRENADINE ISLANDS AND GRENADA...